Proposed Dates: AUG 1-10 (one week, 7 nights in between these dates)
Themes & Topics Studied: see the programme
Host website: http://www.heritagetours.ee
Goal of the day:
Arrival, see Tallinn Old Town (UNESCO heritage siye)
Goal of the day: Military history, resorts
Visit former closed military town Paldiski and coastal resort Haapsalu (wooden achitecture, Haapsalu lace center and castle ruins (meet the development manager of the castle)
Goal of the day: Island heritage alive
- wooden boat building in a vocational school
- small craft center in Estonian Maritime Academy
Goal of the day: Kuressaare – the hidden pearls of the capial of the island
- „Spaaremaa“ – 195 years of spaa-tradition using local sea mud for healing and wellbeing.
- The wind of change in old and outstanding 14th c Episcopal Castle to make it the best among most outstanding sites of the Baltic countries.
- The info center of Saaremaa traditional costume
Goal of the day:
- Lighthouses – part of the coastal heritage
- Runic songs and runic singing – the ancient way of story telling
Visit the lighthouse museum
Runic song performance and workshop
Goal of the day: Country school as a carrier of heritage.
How to turn your problems into values.
Small country school starting to use local heritage as a base of the studies.
Multifunctional school as the center of community life.
Back to Tallinn
Goal of the day: heritage of the capital
Under the city – the Bastion Passages
Meet the officials to get deeper insight on how the history is interpreted to make city even more attractive and sustainable.
9-seater bus, professional driver- escort –guide, 3 meals per day, accommodation in 2-3* farms, hostels, hotels, 2-4 persons per room, full programme.
For more information: